Major Topic: Typing- Parts of the Internet
Week/Weeks: 3-4 classes
3. Research and Information Fluency
- Students apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information.
5. Digital Citizenship
- Students understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior.
6. Technology Operations and Concepts
- Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations.
|Learning the Internet Worksheet|
- Intro to the Internet PowerPoint includes link to the Internet for Kids Class at end of ppt!
- Parts of the Internet Work Sheet
- Learning the Internet Worksheet
- Internet (preferably Internet Explorer)
- Whiteboard and projector
1. Introduction to the Internet PowerPoint on Day 1. Go through the terms- have the students take notes if deemed worthy. Make sure to have the students type in the link http://www.bcls.lib.nj.us/Classes/Intforkids/ located at the end of the PowerPoint and take the class Internet for Kids.
2. Day 2- demonstrate the different parts of the Internet (Forward button, back button, reload button, address bar, etc.) and have the students complete the Parts of the Internet Work Sheet.
3. Day 3- to have your students practice typing in URL’s and to learn how to look for answers, complete the Learning the Internet Worksheet.
Optional: Have them study and create an online quiz using one of these sites: